When the Corporate Communications Department was first established, this unit was under the Information and Publications Unit. On the 1st June 2004, with the setting up of TV UiTM, the Broadcasting and Multimedia Unit was formed.
The Unit is divided into two (2) sub units:
- Multimedia Unit
- TV Unit
The Broadcasting and Multimedia Unit serves to provide recording multimedia services that are convenient and valued by all sectors with high quality education, information and entertainment services through interactive TV known as WEB TV UiTM.
As Malaysia’s largest institution of higher learning, UiTM is a rich provider of media content and thus requires a channel to reach the audience especially students. UiTM needs the content services as a platform to disseminate the information and related services to enable UiTM’s programmes to be easily accessed by the target audience. At the same time, TV UiTM provides an invaluable hand-on training ground for Communication and Media students.
- To provide high quality recording multimedia services to UiTM community, government agencies and interested parties.
- To record formal functions in UiTM such as convocation ceremonies, conferences, seminars, workshops, etc.
- To disseminate the information and related services to enable UiTM’s programmes to be accessed by the students and customers.
- To promote efficient interaction to UiTM community all campuses.
- To provide hands-on training for UiTM students.
- To provide alternative educational approach other than the conventional method.
- To create audio visual educational programmes.